Was your job/career impacted during COVID-19?
University of Waikato researchers are seeking participants for a study that looks at the impact of COVID-19 on the livelihoods and careers of women working in the sport and fitness sector in Aotearoa. In particular, we are interested to know more about how athletes, coaches, fitness instructors and studio/gym owners have responded to emotional and economic challenges during the various stages of COVID-19.
- Must be either an athlete (paid to train and/or compete) or work in the sport and fitness sector (i.e., instructor, coach, gym or fitness studio owner): Part/full time both welcome
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must self-identify as a woman
- Currently reside in Aotearoa New Zealand
- We are looking for women from a range of cultural backgrounds, socio-economic circumstances, sexualities, religions and age groups.
- Method: Semi-structure interview
- Duration: approx. 60 minutes
- Location: In-person or digital
To receive more information about this study, including a consent form, project description, or if you have any questions, please contact either of the following research team members:
Professor Holly Thorpe: email@example.com
Dr Nida Ahmad: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Allison Jeffrey: email@example.com
This study has received University of Waikato ethics approval (ref HREC2020#58)